Web2py module

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Stown, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Stown

Stown ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi all,

I am new with the developers team and am starting now to learn the basics of the modules, libs, classes et cetera.
    I am ofcourse familiair with php et cetera.

My plan is for learning the code creating a web2py module.
    Web2py is a enterprise python framework with its own rocket server.
    Why? because web2py exists now a couple years and i make especially websites with the framework now, could be very helpful for web2py webmasters because they need to make custom vhost files for the apache/sites-enabled/ directory. I still do.
    For more information i want to redirect you to the info page of web2py itself for vhosts in apache:
    http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13/deployment-recipes#Apache-and-mod_wsgi

The module consists of vhost add, edit and remove especially for web2py in combination with apache.
    A few settings and there it is.

I have copied some files from the sites module and began.

Now i have a first start of the module, except when i go to the system>cp users tab and select admin en want to check vm module out and web2py module in, click save it doesn't save!!

I work of course with the latest dev git.

Does anyone know what could be the issue with enabling the module in the cp users submenu from <system> module?

Thank you!

till likes this.
  2. Stown

I have found the issue, web2py is not a valid module name, i changed it to python. But the switching between modules on and off still not works.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Can you explain that a bit more in detail? You click on the module in the upper navigation and it is not working?

4. Stown

No, i click on system module then in the left sidebar on cp users and then i edit my admin user. Now i uncheck or check some modules and the saving of it doesn't work.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, most likely there is something broken after the UI change in ISPConfig as we havent tested all new forms yet. There are no error messages on the screen or in the apache error.log