Webalizer

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Alex Hulshof, May 13, 2015.

1. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Yesterday I rebuild server:
    The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3

When I look now in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/domain.eu the following access.logs are shown:
    20150503-access.log.gz through 20150510-access.log.gz
    20150512-access.log
    20150513-access.log
    access.log
    tonight the first webalizer run is done and the result shows only the data from May 12.
    What should I do to show all results from 20150503 onwards? I have 20150511-access.log also. How should i this one add?

2. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

webalizer.conf shows:
    LogFile /var/log/apache2/access.log
    OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
    HistoryName /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/stats/webalizer.hist
    Incremental yes
    IncrementalName /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/stats/webalizer.current

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is the expected result. Today, we have may 13. The statistics are generated in the early morning hours for the day before, the day before is may 12. If you have copied any older access.log files to the log folder does not matter as statistics are genarated on every day for the day before.

If you want to recreate statistics for a older time period, then you have to do that manually with the webalizer command, starting with the odlest file as webalizer will not recreate stats when it has processed a newer record in a log file before.

4. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Can you explain what I should do step by step? Want to recreate the mydomain/stats for the whole period from 20150503 onwards.

5. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

H
    How can I do that if the stats for mydomain are generated once a day at 0.30 hrs?

6. till

Create a script that runs webalizer for all files sequentially or execute the webalizer command for each file manually by starting with the oldest one. Delete the history file in the stats folder first if you have already stats for a newer date processed. If you want to know the exact webalizer command that ispconfig uses. take a look at the cron_daily.php file from ispconfig.

7. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

what should be the output directory?
    /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/stats/ ?

8. till

Yes, the output directory is the stats directory of that website.

9. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  10. Alex Hulshof

Alex Hulshof Member

Still cannot recreate the stats for example.eu
    my webalizer.conf shows:
    OutputDir /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/
    HistoryName /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/webalizer.hist
    IncrementalName /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/webalizer.current

My 1st access logfile is created on : 20150503 and therefor I use as logfile:
    LogFile /home/alex/Documents/access.log.files/20150503-access.log

before running the first access.log I deleted in /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/ the file webalizer.hist
    within the directory /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/log I have my webalizer.conf file which i edit for the correct access.log, save it and first run "service apache2 restart" then I run the command webalizer.

results shows:
    root@server1:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/log# service apache2 restart
    root@server1:/var/www/clients/client1/web1/log# webalizer
    Webalizer V2.23-08 (Linux 3.19.0-15-generic x86_64) locale: GES/webalizer.mo
    Using logfile /home/alex/Documents/access.log.files/20150503-access.log (clf)
    DNS Lookup (15): None to process
    Using DNS cache file dns_cache.db
    Using GeoIP Country Edition (default)
    Creating output in /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/
    Hostname for reports is 'server1'
    History file not found...
    Reading previous run data.. /var/www/clients/client1/example.eu/web/stats/webalizer.current
    76 records (76 ignored) in 1 seconds, 76/sec

What do i do wrong? Why is the output for server1 and not for example.eu