webmail problem

Discussion in 'General' started by mphayesuk, Apr 17, 2006.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

OR I could point the domain using nameservers to my ispconfig server and let my server do all the dns work.

BUT having both running... third party and ISPConfig could be the reason everything was getting messaed up and mail not working ect...

Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. mphayesuk

Got it working now, I had left the firewall turn on on the router.

So now all mail is working using the webmail stsrem, however when I try and connect through an email client like Outlook it fails when trying to send and get mail, but it does pass the test of finding the mail server.

Any ideas

Thanks

4. falko

What's the exact error message? Any errors in the mail log?

5. mphayesuk

Ok worked a few things out.

1) I dont know if its something other people should know but on my suse10 64bit system I need to replace a line in the main.cf file to say reject_unauth_destination on the line smtpd_recipient_restrictions you replace the last part with the part above.

2) The second bit is that if I log onto the webmail from anywhere I user the login name [email protected] but when I use outlook you need to use webid-user1.... how can I make it so that they can enter either their email address or the webid-user.

Thanks

6. falko

You cannot change that. In Uebimiau you use email addresses as login names, in email clients like Outlook Express you use the username (e.g. web1_username).

7. mphayesuk

oh course the one thing I could do is set ISPC to not use any prefix and then I would be able to use email addresses as usernames, but would then be restricted to not being able to have duplicate usernames.

Thanks for your help on this one