webroot and ftproot are different - why?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom, May 2, 2006.

1. tom

tom Member

Here I find the index.html for the webuserroot:
    sarge01:/home/www/web4/web/index4.html # webuserroot index

Here I find the ftpuserroot for the same user:
    sarge01:/home/www/web4/user/web4_admin/web/index.html # ftp root

What I don't understand is: Why is'nt it the same directory?
    If the user wants to upload a new file to replace with the standard index.html from ISPC the user is directed to a wrong directory and file. I mean when the user has replaced the file per ftp it has'nt any effect for the webroot for example www.testserver.top/[COLOR="Red"]index.html[/COLOR].<-- wants to be replaced per ftp...

I don't understand this situation????

tom
    PS:I'm using Debian3.1, ISCP 2.2.1 and PROFTP

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Hello from Las Vegas USA (I'm here for work :/ )

If you want the user to FTP to the same dir as as the one for the website you will have to make him Administrator

In ISPconfig select the domain > user & email > select the user, and set Administrator to on.

After this the user will be able to FTP to the website root.

3. tom

tom Member

And which other rights this administrator will be have? Belongs his rights only to his web account?

tom

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The administrator will also be able to see the directories of the other users. Often you want to put an PHP library directory not in the http website root, so the root directory of the ISPConfig website is one directory above.

5. tom

tom Member

Does it mean that the administrator is able to see every user account from ISPC ?

tom

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Why dont you just try it and see in FTP which directories are in the root dir of the website.

7. tom

tom Member

Sorry, but I could not try for the moment, it sounds very strange with this admin... but I will try :)

thanks for your answer.

tom