Website Builder

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tortib, Sep 21, 2014.

1. tortib

tortib Member

Hello,

I'm looking for an open source website builder for non-technical users to go along with ISPConfig 3. Or a commercial one if an OpenSource alternative is not available. I'm not looking for a Content Management System like Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla. Although a front end to install those Content Management Systems would also help me out.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have to offer.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

You can use Joomla or any other CMS installation in Ubuntu for that, I will suggest you the tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-joomla-on-ubuntu-14.04

If you simply want the websites creations then you can use Bluegriffon http://bluegriffon.org/pages/Download for that. It is very useful and easier tool to work on frontend and at the backend .html is created useful for Websites.

3. tortib

tortib Member

Thank you for your reply. Blue Griffon is what I'm looking for I think. I want something that's easy to use for my customers. I don't want to install joomla on my server for myself I want something that my customers can use to create websites. How can I have blue griffon installed for each site that is created? Is there a default dir where I can place the source of Blue Griffon so each site that is created will have it automatically?

Thank you!

4. srijan

BlueGriffon is a new WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web. See its installations depend upon the OS on which you are installing. It is simple tool on which you can just create a new file and depending upon the CSS formatting you can customize it.

5. tortib

tortib Member

Can I integrate it into ISPConfig? I need to be able to have the files saved from the editor into the paths of the clients that are using ISPConfig.

6. srijan

Path for saving Bluegriffon task must be local, you can upload them later with ftp clients of respective sites.