Website No Show

Discussion in 'General' started by dleemiller, May 28, 2007.

1. dleemiller

dleemiller New Member

I feel like this is a dumb question, but something is really going over my head.

I installed ISPConfig from the ubuntu 6.06 tutorial. All the services are running and I've gotten the web-ftp to work correctly. My problem is, I can't find the site I created.

Title:Site1
    Server: Server1
    Hostname: www
    Domain: scoutzleague.net
    IP Address: 192.168.0.100
    Create DNS: check

I have registered the domain name scoutzleague.net at 1&1 and I've pointed the domain back to my external IP. I just need to connect that domain to the index page on my linux server, but even when I web-ftp the site I've created and edited index.html, I can't seem to figure out where to go on my browser to see it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please enable the "administrator" checkbox in the user settings of the user that you used to uplaod the file and then upload the file again.

3. dleemiller

dleemiller New Member

I did that, but everytime I go to www.scoutzleague.net it just displays this:

" This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.

For questions or problems please contact the server administrator."

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, in this case you either select the wrong IP address for the website or the domain www.scoutzleague.net does not point with a DNS A-Record to your external IP.

5. dleemiller

dleemiller New Member

The IP that I selected is the internal IP of the server that I'm hosting it on.

Is there a way that I can access this site internally just to check that it's being posted? I'm new to ISPConfig and I've never even seen a website come up from the server.

I'll give the DNS A-Record thing a try. It's not set to my external IP.

6. dleemiller

dleemiller New Member

Holy crap it worked. Thanks a million.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  7. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

For me it's showing a not standard ISPconfig "Welcome to ScoutzLeague" page