Website options tab missing for clients

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by daliose, Mar 15, 2015.

1. daliose

daliose New Member

Hello,
    I am using ISPConfig 3 for one of our servers.
    All is working fine, but I recently noticed, all website domains a client create, doesn't have the "Options" tab.
    If I check the domains as admin, all websites have the tab.
    For the clients all functions are enabled, so I am not sure why it doesn't appear.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The options tab never appears in a client login as the settings on this tab would allow a client to access the websites of all oher clients.

3. desire.levi

desire.levi New Member

But how can i manage to show it to client ??

4. till

I explained why this tab can not and shall not be shown to a client. If you want that your clients can take over your server, then take an editor and change the ISPConfig sources.

5. Entangled

Entangled Member

Hello.

I got the same question (issue) ... but, hopefully, will not get the same answer.

I was watching a Plesk video in which site Options are available. Surely, someone as a hack in which to turn on the the Options tab on for just the Client's sites and also check to see if the changes are valid.

Thanks.

6. till

This is the ISPConfig forum and not a Plesk forum and if Plesk has a tab named options in its interface or not does not matter for an ISPConfig server. The Options tab in ISPConfig contains functions which shall be accessible for the administrator only as these options allow the user that is able to access them to damage your server and take control over the whole system, so if the functions that ISPConfig has placed on the options tab would be visible to a client, then this client would be able to take over the whole server and all other client websites. Maybe we should have named the tab "administrators only" to make it more clear that this tab is only for admins and not for clients or resellers.

7. Entangled

Entangled Member

Til,

Thanks for the reply, I realize this is the ISPConfig forum and I understand the reason why the Option tab is missing for the Client / User, however, the Option tab is need at the Client Site level unless you have some suggestion to over handle the need to change DocumentRoot to /web/public for Laravel.

At this time, I am the only person installing Laravel so it hasn't been an issue except that I find myself on the Client's Dashboard only have to jump back to the Admin / Site -> Option to add the override.

I only brought up Plesk because this option is available to the Client.

Thanks.

8. till

It should be possible to handle this with a directive snippet, no need to access the options tab for that. So if you would have explained your actual problem instead of complaining that admin only functions are available for admins only, we could have discussed a solution right away. Currently, directive snippets have a docroot variable for nginx only, but adding this variable for apache should be no problem for 3.1.14.

9. Entangled

Entangled Member

Sorry if you felt I was complaining, I was not. I simply stated I had the same issue: no Website Option tab on the Client's Dashboard. Guess I could have added why the Option tab is needed, my case: to change the Apache DocumentRoot.

I really haven't paid much attention to all the other parameters on the Admin Option tab ... but, if you could add a Client Website Option tab in which Apache Directives can be added that would be great.

Thanks.

10. till

Predefined apache directives, called directives snippets, are already available on the first tab of the website, no need to access the options tab. All that's missing at the moment on apache servers is the document root directory placeholder.

11. Entangled

Entangled Member

Since I am only running Apache, at this time, I guess this field is missing from for us. To verify, does this field only show up for Nginx servers?

12. till

The field shows up for apache and nginx when you add a directive snippet under System > Directive snippets that is visible for the customer.

13. link-m

link-m New Member

Sorry to revive this old thread.
    How can I make custom php directives visible for the users? I found the setting where webserver config can be made visible, but php directives are still hidden then.
    In the snippet of the php settings the option "show to users" is enabled.