Weird Install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Heroin, Jan 23, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just compared my original document and the version on HowtoForge; there must have been some formatting problem as in my original document it says

Code:
    INSERT INTO `ftpd` (`User`, `status`, `Password`, `Uid`, `Gid`, `Dir`, `ULBandwidth`, `DLBandwidth`, `comment`, `ipaccess`, `QuotaSize`, `QuotaFiles`) VALUES ('exampleuser', '1', MD5('secret'), '2001', '2001', '/home/www.example.com', '100', '100', '', '*', '50', '0');
    I've corrected the document on HowtoForge. Thanks for the hint.

2. Heroin

Heroin New Member

yah

and the final setup thing just wont work :( sorry to tell you. It says the Login is ok but the pass is bad. so 503 error

falko if u want please go ahead and add me to ur msn:
    [email protected]

ill do a reinstall of the pureftpd thing and see if i might have made an error

3. falko

It's working for me, I swear, otherwise I wouldn't have published the tutorial. Please compare your configuration with the one from the tutorial.

I don't use any messengers.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please have a look at the ISPConfig database, are there a lots of tables inside and in the table sys_user a line with username "admin"?

5. Heroin

Heroin New Member

iam sorry i gave up on the uber ISP config.. maby next holiday ill give it a try.
    right now iam lookin to set up something so my friend and myself can upload and update theyre sites.

and i dont like webdav so im doing FTP

6. Heroin

Heroin New Member

OK i decided to give ISPConfig another try seeing that it would be so sweet if it worked :p

now when i reach the last step:
    Please enter the domain: E.g. xyz.de
    i entered harmweb.be

Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):192.168.1.35
    OK
    Please enter the host name (e.g. www):www
    Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):harmweb.be
    ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!

=[ last time i entered example.com which seemed to mess thing up so this time i want to be sure what iam doing wrong. I deleted all DNS references at my registar? is that the problem? =[ i hope everything works this time

7. till

The installer tries to ping the server www.harmweb.de, if the domain is not reachable, the installer stops.

If the domain is not pointing to your server yet, you can install ISPConfig by using the IP only. Leave the host empty and enter the IP address instaed of the domain. Example:

Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):192.168.1.35
    OK
    Please enter the host name (e.g. www):
    Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):192.168.1.35

8. Heroin

Heroin New Member

Please enter the host name (e.g. www):www
    Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):192.168.1.35
    ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!

^^ that was a kick in the nuts

9. till

Please read a bit more carefully what i post: Leave the host empty

If you compare my post with yours you can see that i do not have entered www as host!

10. Heroin

Heroin New Member

/me commits sepuko

and it installed like a charm(after three tries in total)
    if someone can check if anything is showing up for http://harmweb.be that would be great

ok i tested http://harm.kicks-ass.org and it works though i had to manually edit vhosts. which is fine, but i dont quite get the whole FTP login stuff. I never specified a username and password for the sites. and the owner(client) username + owner(client) password

-Harm

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  11. falko

My browser can't find the site, so I guess you have to check the DNS records for harmweb.be.

You have to enable FTP on the "Basis" tab of the web site in ISPConfig, then under "User & Email" you must create an admin user for the web site. With this user you can login using FTP.
    Clients and resellers are no system users, they cannot use FTP. They can only login to ISPConfig.

12. Heroin

Heroin New Member

and with

this concules everything i needed and i got a website running (working) with FTP!

omg lemme donate some dollars :p

http://harm.kicks-ass.org works, ill sort harmweb.be out later right now iam doing happy panda dance :rolleyes:

-Harm K.

Special thanks to Falko and till