Weird Outlook Problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mgbolts, Jan 26, 2020.

1. mgbolts

mgbolts New Member

Hi,
    Not sure if this is a ispconfig problem, highly unlikely but I thought I would put it out there.
    When a user adds an email account on a current version of outlook client it works fine. Noting that the email server is the latest ispconfig ....
    If you delete the email account on the outlook client and then try to then re-add the email account, outlook will not connect to the server anymore. It will work with the ip but not the domain name.
    You can add new email accts with the same domain, but FFS, not the same email acct!
    The deleted acct will still work on other clients, just not on the same outlook client.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have deleted all app datafiles, tried a new outlook profile.
    I am out of ideas?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My guess is Outlook stores some info about the e-mail account even when account is deleted. Try if cleaning Outlook cache would help, or check if there is some way to purge an account completely to smithereens. Or maybe there is a bug report against Outlook for this?