What is the password for the ISPCONFIG 3.1 manual?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I just purchased the manual as I need to figure out how to use letsencrypt so I went to chapter 3.1.1 and tried copy/pasting the lines to install letsencrypt but my PDF reader pops up asking for a password to be able to copy. What's up with that?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Copy/Paste is disabled, the manual has no password.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ah, ok, on OSX preview asks for password to allow copying.

4. till

Copying is disabled and there is no password needed to read the manual. You can find the command to install letsencrypt in each perfect server tutorial for ISPConfig 3.1 too.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I understood, thanks.

I was just informing you that when attempting to copy text from the manual using the app "Preview" on OSX you get asked for a password to allow copying which might confuse users.

6. till

The Adobe Reader does not ask for a password. I'm not the author of the MacOS X preview app, so I can't change its behavior.

7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I was trying to do you a favor by informing you about this behavior as preview is the default app handling PDFs on OSX so I assumed other people would also run into this problem trying to copy text from the manual but we can drop this subject seeing that you're not interested in this information.

You already helped me with your first reply, I'm all sorted with this initial problem. Sorry to have bothered you.

8. till

I'm interested in this information and thank you for posting it. But as I wrote above, I can't change the behaviour of the MAC OS APP that you used to read the manual.