Where are added whitelist addreses?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Poliman, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Poliman

Poliman Member

My client lan network is behind NAT with static IP, which is on few blacklists (not specific address but whole /24 class). He has a problem with downloading mails from my server. I have added (client external ip) ip address to white list in Email --> Postfix Whitelists. Where this ip is added in Postfix configuration?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Postfix whitelists are not related to downloading emails. Downloading emails happens trough pop or imap and there are no white or blacklists for these services.

3. Poliman

Poliman Member

Ok, I understood. But assumingly where this ip could be written?

PS
    Btw could you explain me (like for newbie) what is the main difference between recipient, sender and client?
    If I send email to you then I am sender, you are recipient, but what is a client?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

In postfix-specific terminology, and mail in general, "sender" and "recipient" are email addresses (smtp "from" and "rcpt" addrs), and the "client" is an ip address and/or dns name of the remote host sending the message (eg. your computer if you are sending, or the remote server if coming from some other mail system).

5. Poliman

Poliman Member

Thank you @Jesse Norell for brief answer. Do you know maybe where whitelisted ip is added in Postfix configuration (whitelist added via ISP)?