WHere is the default domain's web page?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Bedevere, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Bedevere

Bedevere New Member

I have three domains, lets call them domain1.net, domain1.com and domain2.com - the first two are the same name with .net and .com...

So I want to make domain1.net the default domain, while domain1.com is a virtual domain set up within ISPconfig. Domain2.com is also setup with in ISP config and works fine by the way...

When I go to domain1.net I get the home page for domain1.com - the :81 part works fine all around it seems.

I want the .net to have it's own welcome page, but I don't see a dynamic link in the htdocs directory like I see for the others. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just make a link, and if so where to?

Thanks!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you want domain1.net to have it's own welcome page then you have to set up an own web site for that domain in ISPConfig. If it's only a Co-Domain for another web site then it doesn't have its own welcome page.

What do you mean with that? The :81 is only for the ISPConfig web interface, not for normal web sites.

3. Bedevere

Bedevere New Member

I mean that the :81 redirection works great.

So I read this as I would have to create a domain like the others for domain1.net in the ISPConfig control panel like the other domains I already set up.

That would explain the missing entry in the virtual host settings, I just assumed something was set up for the default host. My bad.

Thanks for the clarity!

Just a quick followup - I have tried this on a test box and I have found that Mydomain.net, Mydomain.com and Mydomain.edu can all be set up as seperate web services complete with email. Nice job!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

One question: when you say "domain", do you mean domain, or do you mean web site? :confused: I think in this case you mean web site.

5. Bedevere

Bedevere New Member

My bad, yes, web site, email and ftp.