Whitelist mail hosts in ISPC 3.2 postfix rbl_override?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Petar, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear couleagues,

I would like to whitelist problematic mail hosts, but which are very important to us (they have alias domains, localhost domains, strange unlisted domains and so on).
    Previously i have used with success this tutorial: https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-whitelist-hosts-ip-addresses-in-postfix
    based on which i should put this in /etc/postfix/main.cf: check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_override

This is the excerpt from the latest postfix in ISPC 3.2.1 (it is a lot different from the latest tutorial, so where should i put the rbl_overide now?):

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_recipient_access proxy
    :mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-verify_recipients.cf, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unauth_destination, check_rec
    ipient_access proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_recipient.cf, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_policy_greylist
    .cf, check_policy_service unix:private/quota-status

It is also very different to the acceptance of mail, a lot rejects before permit_sasl_authenticated which was always second.
    Should i change the order somehow or this is the new more secure way?

Best regards

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are you usign RSpamd or amavis?
    I have whitelisted in ISPConfig Panel, the Postfix Whitelist settings.

3. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Taleman, thanks for your time.
    Do you mean that adding IP addresses or domains in Postfix Whitelist sender in ISPC panel is the same as making a manual rbl_overdrive file and postmap and then adding it in the main.cf ?
    Right now i'm using amavis, but next step is to test and then install RSpamd.

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That depends on which restriction you are adding an exception to. What is the error message you get when those are rejected?