WHMCS: ISPConfig how to link account services to the right hosting account

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by deividmen, Jun 24, 2022.

1. deividmen

deividmen Member

I have an Ubuntu 16.04 server with ISPConfig Version: 3.1dev. and many websites installed (I know I have to update my system). I also have a website where I installed WHMCS.

Whenever a client stops paying their hosting accounts are removed from the clients list on ISPConfig automatically with WHMCS. If they want their accounts back, I have to create a new one with the same domain name. However, after that their websites work again with the old account services (mailboxes, database, files, etc.). Why is that happening and how can I link the working websites to their new account services (i.e., it has to point to the new folder client88 instead of the old folder client74)?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The issue seems to be wrong behavior in WHMCS or the WHMCS ISPConfig plugin and not ISPConfig as a site should not be deleted when a customer stops paying, it should just get deactivated. When you delete a site and create it again, it will not get back the same internal ID. That's why you don't delete sites for non-paying customers, you just deactivate it. A site should get deleted only if you permanently block a customer from doing further business and completely erease the customer.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

By the way, Ubuntu 16.04 and ISPConfig 3.1dev are both very outdated, you should update asap for security reasons.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. deividmen

deividmen Member

Yes indeed, and that's why I disabled that feature from WHMCS. But now that some clients were deleted, how can I fix it in order to point their new accounts to the right services with the same domain names (files, database, mailboxes, etc.)? Is there a way to fully remove a client?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  5. till

You won't get the same ID when you recreate an item in ISPConfig that you deleted before, and trying to change ID#s of already created items will likely mess up your system as it affects everything from paths to usernames etc. So my recommendation is that you try to fix that in WHMCS or the WHMCS plugin, they must store that ID information somewhere and that's the place to update the ID to the new one.

6. deividmen

deividmen Member

I just figured out that the problem is the symlink of the domain name link when I execute the command
    Code:
    ll ls-
    in the folder /var/www/.
    I have to change it from /var/www/clients/client74/web134/ to /var/www/clients/client88/web162. How can I make that change?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  7. till

I explained that this is what I recommend to not change as it's not folder the folder, everything in ISPConfig and in the Linux system like system users, jails etc. is referenced to these ID's, so there is no easy way to change them without breaking the system. Change them in WHMCS database to match the new ID's ISPConfig created.

deividmen likes this.
  8. deividmen

deividmen Member

I was finally able to fix it by deleting the client account from ISPConfig and then creating it again from WHMCS. Maybe I didn't explain myself well, but the problem was the symlink after WHMCS removed the client services. However, I had to disable that option.