why my wordpress blog shows blank page?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Richardo Guirelli, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Richardo Guirelli

Richardo Guirelli New Member

I installed a fresh wordpress on my server root directory. I can access the wp-admin section but when I go to the blog URL it shows a blank (white) page. There are no errors The HTML source of the page has nothing (not even a single word or a tag)

Server : Windows IIS. Database : MySQL. I hosted my wordpress site at Hostforlife.eu

When I install using the wordpress installation tool provided by the server it works fine but I cant use that tool to install the blog into the root directory so I FTP all wordpress files (600+ files altogether) to my root directory and then ran the wp-admin/install.php it installs fine. I think, the server environment cannot be a problem because it works fine when I install using the tool. I checked server log files those are also clean.

I have already tried following: 1. Install a fresh copy of wordpress again (tried several times) 2. Installed an old version of wordpress 3. Renamed the pluggins page to something that wordpress cannot find 4. Changed the theme to Default to Classic and vise versa

Non of the above mentioned worked for me! Please help me on this!

2. What is the php version you are using? Php version may be causing the same.
    You have to debug the things in order to find exact root cause of the issue.
    In wp-config.php set wp_debug true

Then check your site for errors, if you see strict standards errors change php version to 5.4, 5.5 etc

Or post errors here, so we can take a look.