WIFI DRIVER

Discussion in 'Linux Beginners' started by chuck davis, Oct 21, 2020.

1. chuck davis

chuck davis New Member

I will try explain the best i can. I have Windows 10 as my main OS and WIFI works great, but i have Linux Mint 20 on a USB to try out only, my WIFI doesnt work on Linux. I did research on this, i was told to hard wire this ( Ethernet ) to install driver RTL8821ce hard wire isnt possible iam in a nursing home all we have here is WIFI.
    I have this driver in Linux download folder and extracted it but i have no clue what to do next. My WIFI Windows driver is in Device Manager,
    ( Network Adapters ) Realtek PCIe GbE Familly Controller
    Realtek RTL8821ce 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
    Thank,s Chuck

( SOLVED )

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. chuck davis

chuck davis New Member

Thanks Taleman i will try those sites. I can get a WIFI adapter from Amazon around $20 compatible with Linux, i have been checking on them. Like i said WIFI works perfect on my Windows 10 but once i plug in Linux USB i have no option for Linux just says wired connection option. Iam going to them sites right now. Thank,s Chuck

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I agree with @Taleman on Ubuntu, because my old laptops' wifi normally work out of box with it if compared to other linux distro, but learning to install the said driver is, supposedly, better since you can many other linux distro with that knowledge and experience.

5. chuck davis

chuck davis New Member

How do i mark this solved? Thank,s Chuck

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can try editing your opening post and add [solved] in its title as we simply do not have a mark-as-solved button to click on. ;)

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What was the solution?
    And like @ahrasis wrote, the first message in this thread shows for you, since you are the creator of this thread, the thread tools option. There you can choose to edit title.