wildcard ssl

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kaspars, Oct 12, 2006.

1. kaspars

kaspars New Member

I generate wildcard ssl certificate, but when I try to ad it to my site, apache was not start.
    when I use free trial certificate for one site everything was ok.
    As I read in forums ispconfig do not suport wildcard domain.
    May be is same way make it work by modify apache config?
    I try some ''how to'', where was writen than need yust raplace certificate, but it was not help
    May be someone know what I need to do?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which exact error do you get from apache?

3. kaspars

kaspars New Member

in apache/error_log:
    [Wed Oct 11 16:26:57 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
    in
    var/www/hostname/log/error.log:
    [Wed Oct 11 18:57:20 2006] [error] Unable to configure RSA server private key
    [Wed Oct 11 18:57:20 2006] [error] SSL Library Error: 185073780 error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_
    check_private_key:key values mismatch

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You cannot paste a wildcard certificate into the certificate text area in ISPConfig because it doesn't fit to the key that was created when you created your self-signed certificate in ISPConfig.

5. parkerj

parkerj Member

So, what is the solution for this. I come across the same problem with a regular certificate. How does one do a csr through ISPConfig without running into this problem? Do it manually or is there a work around? Thanks.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig does not support the creation of CSR for wildcard SSL certificates, only normal SSL certs are suppoerted.