Wired network issues

Discussion in 'Technical' started by adesBH, Sep 11, 2023.

1. adesBH

adesBH New Member

Hi everyone,

i have a situation i can not understand so i hope some expert can help me...
    I bought last week a dedicated server and it is my fourth server in the last years, im not a compete noob but far away from beeng a pro.
    I installed ISPconfig for the first time (was on cpanel before) on debian 12 following the tutorial posted here on How to Forge. (thanx for that guys)
    Everithing went well without issues, but after installing first wordpress website (videostreaming) i noticed that the http download speed to my windows PC was terrible, 600 Kbit/s to 2Mbit/s, what makes the videos not play smoothly, ftp had same results, but the server has 1Gbps and my home bandwidth is 100Mbit/s So next step was speedtest-cli on the server which gave good results arround 1000Mbit/s and speedtest on my windows pc which gave 112Mbit/s, everything looks right but something was wrong...

I opend a ticket with the server hoster and the answer was that everything was alright on their side and thay recieve good download speed from a test file i provided, it is something on my side.

Next i tryed the download speed from my sisters appartment in the same city where i live and even the same internet provider O2 but the results are same as my, aroound 2 Mbit/s. I prformed multiple speed tests on my and her computer to be shure it is not our internet but every test was perfect.

Next step i tryed a VPN connection on my windows pc and i got the full download speed from the test file, 112 Mbit/s. With VPN off around 2Mbit/s, multiple times, same results.

Has anyone an explanation how is this possible?

I have to use VPN now to up/download files and watch videos on my website and no one fom my small number of customers have compained yet.

Sorry for my bad english :)

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably a speed limitation/QOS rule in your network. So dive into the netwerk to check all configuration.