Wordpress after migration

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Trunkles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

I migrated to a new server. YAY! The only things that don't work are the wordpress sites. The databases appear to have migrated correctly; I can connect to phpmyadmin, look at the databases and tables and see that wp_users contains exactly what I would expect. Every time I browse to the sites, I get... "Error establishing a database connection"

Any ideas on the cause? Pretty please?

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

make sure that mysqö is running and check the mysql-credentials in wp-config

3. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

mysql is running...
    ● mysql.service - LSB: Start and stop the mysql database server daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mysql; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2016-12-24 19:52:11 NZDT; 14h ago
    and the contents of wp-config is exactly what I would expect. I did the migrate of the sites by making a tarball of everything in /var/www/<domainname> and extracting it onto the new server in the same place and yes, I did check clientx/webx/ were the right directories. I migrated the databases by exporting/import the appropriate databases.

I did find that I hadn't created mysql users for the sites so I did that and now I get a blank screen, closer, but no cigar. So I'm still stuck. :)

4. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

This is still a problem for me. Anyone any ideas? Please?

5. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are the db servers set to 'localhost' in wp-config.php
    Did a migration once and all the wp sites had the dns name of the old server instead of localhost and was getting the same error you are.

6. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

It's localhost. :(

I tried installing a test wordpress on a spare subdomain on the server and that one works fine, so I know apache/php are working ok.

7. webguyz

8. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

Yep, that works fine.

9. webguyz

And the db name matches what is in wp-config.php? If thats all correct then I have no clue.

10. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

Yep, it matches. I hope somebdy else has some ideas, 'cos I'm fresh out of them.

11. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

I got this working in the end, it was the plugins. Thank you all for your help. :)