WordPress Multisite + Alias Domain (vhost) + DNS + Domain Mapping

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by OpenSources, Apr 19, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hey Guys & Gals.
    In this post I am looking to bring the four components mentioned in the title together.
    The parts that are stomping me the most is the DNS configuration. What am I suppose to be doing if using IP method? CNAME method?

Secondly, the cost method is desired so I can secure the mapped domain with the amazing let'sencrypt. The issue I think I'm having here is what directory am I suppose to be using the full directory listed when you view a site (/var/client/blah/web?)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you use Wordpress MU, then the additional domains are added as Alias Domains and not Vhost Alias domains. So all you have to do to have a Wordpress MU site with Letsencrypt is:

1) Add a website.
    2) Enable letsencryt.
    3) Install Wordpress in it.
    4) add the alias domains.
    5) ensure that the domains point to your server with an A-or Cname record in DNS.

3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hey Till, Great to hear from you as usual. Just to be sure I'm understanding you.
    I can't have a MU WordPress installed at wpmuinstall.com with Let's Encrypt. Add a site site1.wpmuinstall.com and give it an alias of hamburger.com and hamburger.com will be secured with LetsEncrypt