WordPress

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by willebanks, Sep 4, 2006.

1. willebanks

willebanks New Member

Howdy all,

I am planning on hosting my own blog...no groans please! I have installed WordPress before but that was long before I was using ISPConfig and on a different server.
    My fear is that WordPress will make changes to my system and screw things all up. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with compatibility between ISPConfig and WordPress.

Also I am looking for a Linux oriented ( ie: pictures) web template...I'm thinking of hosting a Linux page that compares Windows and/or commerical software verses similar Linux / OpenSource software. I know that there are thousands of Linux webpages, but I want to present Linux and other OpenSource software from a new users prospective while also showing that there are alternatives to Windows / commerical software.

Any help is as always appreciated.

Will

Ed Carroll likes this.
  2. jjw

jjw New Member

I've used Wordpress for nearly a year now. Pretty cool thing. It uses only a single database, and if you create a user for that DB that has no global write privileges, you are probably OK. Well, that is opinion/conjecture.

I've been real happy using Gimp and Simple Gallery, a plug in based on Python.

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp2/web/python/gallery-simple.html

<edit> though, I may have misuinderstood your second question.

Ed Carroll likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont worry, wordpress and ISPConfig work pretty well together. I have several wordpress installations on one of my servers.

Just create a website in ISPConfig, create a mysql database for wordpress in this ISPConfig website and then download and install wordpress to the website root of the newly created website.

Ed Carroll likes this.
  4. Ed Carroll

Ed Carroll New Member

Hello Staff members,
    I have installed ISPConfig 3 and purchase BILLING plugin on my CentOS 7 server.
    I don't want to do all the work.. so I am looking for a plan that would copy cat / not steal , the code that WHMCS / PLESK or cPanel uses. I have installed wordpress on my main site and downloaded the plugin ISPconfig3 plugin and it has installed correctly.. but there are no instructions as to how a user can register on my site, pick and order a shared website with their domain on my server and pay for it themselves... I have read the ispconfig manual and watched all the youtube videos twice now....
    I am just a so so programmer and have only been programming now for only 40 years....
    can you help direct me?

5. Ed Carroll

Ed Carroll New Member

I guess I am asking, are there any wordpress themes out there that will work with ISPConfig 3 and Billing module?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should not hijack 14 year old unrelated threads. This thread is for ISPConfig 2, and you ask about 3.

Ed Carroll likes this.
  7. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

anyway, one can sort of answer his question...
    i am not aware of any wordpress plugin that does this.
    The nearest thing i can think of would only automate the billing process...it wont auto provision hosting services (which is what i think you are wanting).
    Its a shame that there isnt a one stop shop for such things, it would be the ultimate control panel...oh hang on there is now that i think of it... ispsystems.
    Its a compilation of in house solutions that integrates the whole dice... in any case, it makes ones head spin in the way it works. (I couldnt stand it). At the very least you would need ispmanager and billmanager i should think!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Ed Carroll likes this.