Xserver not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cybereatl, Jan 19, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi there, I got a problem with video xserver is not loading!!
    I was able to get into root account, but now I don't know how to set up on terminal mode!!!

I have tried using cd's and upgrade it, but just upgrade mozilla but didn't give options to re-install o repair Xserver.

Thank you for your help!!

Eli

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you get an error message? What happens if you run the command:

Code:
    startx
    on the commandline.

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Screen blinks for a little the give up an error:
    Fatal server error:
    could not open default font 'fixed'

that's error

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Still same problem!!

Thanks for those links, they were really helpful but I think that is my lack of linux knowledge.

I guess that I may need to get some command line manual in order to get into this server, I can't said let's reload it, it's a production server!!!!

How do I using command line can:

- Access CD-rom ??
    - Access USB memoty??
    - Copy files from any of those to a directory /home/xxxx/public_html or /home/xxxx/public_ftp

Or

If am using a public network of range of 200.xx.xxx.201 ~206 if I set another pc we will be in the same network really, besides that's public; If I set samba on main server anyone can get access to that shared resource??:confused: :confused: :confused:

6. falko

7. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Large ammount of files!!!

Thank you Falko for keep helping me out!! we got an issue with ftp!!! and is due to we are using our server for e-learning and the minimun size of our courses is 298MB but other than that all other all bigger, so we need to upload it using intranet!!!

Or what should I place on my network to have ftp connection with this server??

Thanks

8. falko