Yahoo Blocking

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Dextros, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Guys

I am struggling with this. Can someone cast an eye over the following. I then resent an email this morning, with no signature, and still got the same result.

Please see pastebin sent to Yahoo - http://pastebin.com/xYwYRtRM
    Please see blank pastebin to Yahoo this morning - http://pastebin.com/hcGMu8wW

I know this is out of the remit of you guys, and I appreciate all the help you always give. Now one of my large customers has no threatened to leave.
    KRs

Lee

Edit: I have a failover IP on the server, is is possible to only send yahoo out through that?
    Code:
    Hi Lee,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.
    This error message indicates that your email wasn't accepted because there's a Web address in the message body or message headers that Yahoo Mail will not accept for policy reasons. For instance, it's against Yahoo Mail's policy to send messages with links to viruses or other types of malicious software.

If you're the administrator for the website address content below, we ask that you review the material located within the Web address for potentially objectionable content. Please know that Yahoo is unable to disclose specific information regarding our filtering practices.

We thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Frank

Yahoo Customer Care
    http://help.yahoo.com

--------------- Original Message ---------------
    Sent: 4/13/2016 9:27 AM
    To:
    Subject: Re: Postmaster basics : New sender requesting IP review (Case: 19900768) []

Hi Frank

I am trying to send you the inforamtion, but its not being that sucsessful

Heres to see if Pastebin works.

Yahoo - Pastebin.com

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.
    If the content of a message you're trying to send violates Yahoo Mail policies, you'll receive an SMTP error or bounce message containing "554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons [120]." (For example, it's against Yahoo Mail policy to send phishing attempts.)

If you believe you shouldn't have received this type of error, we can investigate further but will need additional information from you.

Please respond to this email by copying and pasting the following in your response:

[LIST]
    [*]The full Internet headers of the email that caused the error. We'll need full header information in order to investigate this further.
    [LIST]
    [*]Header information for the Mailer DAEMON or the message that was successfully sent to Yahoo will not be helpful in our investigation.
    [/LIST]
    [*]All parts of the message in plain text
    [LIST]
    [*]Message body - The contents of the email causing the error.
    [*]Links - If there are any links embedded in the message body as HTML, we'll need them sent as plain text.
    [*]Full headers - Make sure there aren't any HTML links in the text of the full headers you're providing.
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]
    Yahoo takes delivery issues very seriously. However, we won't be able to investigate the error you're seeing without the information above.

Regards,

Frank

Yahoo Customer Care
    http://help.yahoo.com

--------------- Original Message ---------------
    Sent: 4/11/2016 3:19 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Postmaster basics : New sender requesting IP review

This is an automated response confirming your recent request for assistance.

Your Case Number is: 19900768

Please don’t reply to this email, as this email address is used for outgoing email, only.
    [LIST]
    [*]
    [/LIST]
    If you submitted a support request, a Yahoo Customer Care representative will respond as soon possible.
    [LIST]
    [*]
    [/LIST]
    If you submitted an abuse report, thank you! A Yahoo Customer Care representative will investigate your report and take appropriate action. We’ll only contact you if further information is needed.
    Sincerely,
    Yahoo Customer Care

2. Dextros

Dextros Member

Anyone got any ideas why Yahoo think i am sending Phishing attmepts from the above?

Thanks

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you check the mail.log and mailqueue with postqueue command if there are any unusual activities?

What you can try is that you install dkim and sent all emails dkim signed and add or check the SPF record of the domain.

4. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Till

Thanks

No there is no unusual acitivity on the server.

I have been using DKIM for over 1 year. Did the headers not show this?

5. till

In this case, only the yahoo support can help you. If they are not willing to do that, then I dont see a way to investigate that any further as thats their internal filter that has a false positive here.

6. Dextros

Dextros Member

I thought this would be the case.

Any hints/tips on routing yahoo out through my second ip?

7. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Till

Yahoo are being so painful!

Can you give any suggestions for what I can do my end, as my largest customer is now moving away and I would prefer not to have the happen.

kRs

Lee

8. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

9. Dextros

Dextros Member

Thanks Dorian, So I would do something like this;

/etc/postfix/transport
    yahoo.com xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx unix - - n - - smtp
    -o inet_protocols=ipv4

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/transport
    postfix reload

I would then change all my DNS records on the server from upload_2016-4-26_12-21-37.png
    to v=spf1 ip4:current ip ip4:secondip mx -all

Do I need to worry about DKIM, AV and hostanmes on the server?

Thanks for your help

Lee

10. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You must override the ip and not protocol: -o smtp_bind_address=1.2.3.4
    As long as the 2nd IP is listed as a A-record in your zone, the just just v=spf1 mx a -all for spf

Did you try to join the Yahoo Feedback Loop. I would no use a different ip if this could be fixed in an easier way.

11. Dextros

Dextros Member

I have joined this scheme now. I will give it 48 Hours as it says.
    Thanks

12. Dextros

Dextros Member

HI Guys
    Still no luck with Yahoo.
    I have found this though
    upload_2016-5-9_14-12-23.png
    My ip is the NS312472 and I dont know the other IP address.

It belongs to a ISP in the UK, which is where I am based.

What could this mean? I think that someone is managing to send out emails that are not backed by SPF and thats why we could be on Yahoos list.

When I look at the other sending IP, i can see this
    upload_2016-5-9_14-15-57.png
    Its in a list of other domains that are sending emails. Can anyone educate me as to what this could mean?

Kind regards

Lee

13. Nilpo

Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yahoo is extremely difficult to deal with. If you're certain that no spam is coming from your server, you could have your IP whitelisted. It does cost money, but it's worth it. My IP migrated my server and assigned me an IP with a level 2 block. Whitelisting my IP was the only way to get out of the RBLs. In your case, Yahoo should honor the whitelist.

14. Dextros

Dextros Member

Tell me about it, the drivel that is displayed on my screen from their emails, would be humerous, if I wasn't so mad at them!
    Do you have any sources I could start checking out for paid whitelisting services?
    Thanks

15. till

I have not used a whitelisting service yet, so I cant give you any recommendations to this part. But maybe there is an alternative solution, have you considered to use a provider like sendgrid for outgoing emails (either all mails or just the ones for yahoo)? Sendgrid has a minimal free plan, so maybe it?s worth a try. https://sendgrid.com/partners/wordpress

16. Nilpo

Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

I use whitelisted.org. Just understand that there's no way know if it works without paying to try it.

17. Dextros

Dextros Member

Thanks Guys

Till, I will look into this.

After a few more weeks with Yahoo making twwets to their systems! I have now decided to block yahoo clients from emailing in.

Is it possible to reject Yahoo emails, with a pre determined bounce message?

KRs

Lee

18. till

The blacklisting features don't have a sender-specific bounce message, but there might be ways to do this e.g. by using mail filter rules or postfix header filters.

19. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Till
    I am still trying to srot this out with Yahoo, and they keep sending me infomation about open proxies

Can you please advise on a better way to test and check please. KRs Lee

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  20. Dextros

Dextros Member

Hi Till, I went to the Nmap website and did more tests and got these results.
    upload_2016-6-10_13-32-23.png
    Should everything be open?
    KRs
    Lee