Zabbix how to get data from eth0

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by luxpops, Apr 30, 2006.

1. luxpops

luxpops New Member

Hi I followed the how to on Zabbix, I install it and it work fine

however I can't get any data for the incoming and outgoing traffic of my eth0
    I activated the item for the incoming and outgoing eth0 traffic but then it says "Not Supported"

any idea on how to fix that would be appreciated

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. luxpops

luxpops New Member

Yes my network device is eth0

when following the how-to from howtoforge I create the host for the server running Zabbix (with agentd) and added it to the unix host group which add a lot of template for items

for the items called netloadin and netloadout it says "Not supported" after a while, I don't see any error message in the agentd.log or server.log

I get all sorts of data I need to monitor like CPU usage, memory usage except the one for the eth0 which I need.

4. luxpops

luxpops New Member

I forgot to say earlier that I also tried to install the zabbixw32 agentd on windows OS by following the zabbix documentation on the website

I'm not sure if it is the windows agent that causes the problem or my configuration of the agent.

anyone here has setup zabbix windows agent and got it working?? because mine gets not data at all

also the zabbix forum is pretty useless I posted several threads there but don't get any reply, not like howtoforge forum :)

5. luxpops

luxpops New Member

Updates

After playing around with Zabbix and reading the online manual I got my Eth0 to work so I got my zabbix server fully monitor my requirement

now I still have the same problem for windows client monitoring
    I got the memory, cpu usage to work the data seems correct

but i still can't get the ethernet card to get data

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you get any error messages (also in the logs)?