Zoho Email Setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Roslyn Scott, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Roslyn Scott

Roslyn Scott Member

Hi,

1.) How do I configure zoho mail with ISPConfig3?

Thanks
    https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/zoho-smtp.html
    https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/imap-access.html

SMTP Configuration settings for Zoho Mail - SSL
    Outgoing Server Name: smtp.zoho.com
    Port: 465 Security Type: SSL

Require Authentication: Yes.

Email address should match the email address/ aliases of the account, for which the authentication details are provided.

SMTP Configuration settings for Zoho Mail - TLS
    Outgoing Server Name: smtp.zoho.com
    Port: 587Security Type: TLS

Require Authentication: Yes.

Email address should match the email address/ aliases of the account, for which the authentication details are provided. You may require Application Specific password to set up the account in other devices, if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.

Relaying disallowed:
    When you send emails from other software, if the email address you specify does not match the email addresses in the account for which authentication details provided by you, you will get the 'Relaying disallowed' error when trying to send emails through the servers.

Generally, it may happen when you use a default address as sender (in a coded program), or when you have mistyped the email address section in the configuration. You will be able to receive emails, as only the authentication will be required for syncing emails. Only when you send emails, the email address with which you send is matched with the credentials you provide for the outgoing server. Hence correcting the email address would resolve this issue.

When you send emails via SMTP client, if the email address you have entered does not match the email address for the account details provided, the client will not be able to send emails and will get a Relaying disallowed.

Relaying disallowed when using Outlook Calendar and Mail:

When you directly forward Calendar events from Outlook, by right click, the 'Relaying disallowed' error will occur, as the event invitation will be sent using the organizers email address, which cannot be completed due to authentication mismatch. Hence we suggest you to use the Right Click, Forward as Attachment for the events to avoid this error.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I know only the hosted zoho mail service and not a application that you can install on your own server. May you please post a link which software you like to install?

3. Roslyn Scott

Roslyn Scott Member

When I was with hostinger, I could direct my email to zoho since I owned my company domain.

The nameservers are pointing to digitalocean. I am not sure how to setup the zoho mail service using ipconfig3

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to point the MX record of your company domain to zoho.

https://adminconsole.wiki.zoho.com/set-up/

If you use nameservers from digitalocean for your cmpany domain, then you have to change the MX record in the digitalocean nameserver and not in ispconfig. ISPConfig is then not involved in your mail setup at all. If you host the dns records in ispconfig and not at digitalocean, then login to ispconfig, go to the dns module, select the dns zone of your domain and change the MX record as described in the zoho FAQ.

5. Roslyn Scott

Roslyn Scott Member

Ah, I changed the NS record to ns1.digitalocean.com instead of the MX record