Redis/Rspad NOAUTH Authentication required

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I see lots of errors like the following in my rspam logs:

2024-03-02 22:34:52 #1615706(controller) <ieu61d>; lua; lua_redis.lua:1247: cannot upload script to 127.0.0.1:6379: NOAUTH Authentication required.; registered from: /usr/share/rspamd/lualib/lua_bayes_redis.lua:124, filename: bayes_learn.lua

I do have Redis protected with a password but I do also have that password set properly under /etc/redis/redis.conf and /etc/rspamd/local.d/redis.conf

Apart from the log errors above if I try to run the following command for example I also get the same error:

rspamc learn_spam /var/vmail/mydomain.com/admin/Maildir/.Junk/cur

Results for file: /var/vmail/mydomain.com/admin/Maildir/.Junk/cur/1709394872.M968115P1569209.uk1,S=6860,W=6981:2,Sa (0.188 seconds)
    HTTP error: 500, NOAUTH Authentication required.

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know, rspamc command also uses the config from /etc/rspamd/local.d/redis.conf file. Did you restart Rspamd after changing the file and does rspamd itself is able to connect to Redis?

3. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes I restarted the redis. How can I check if rspamd is able to connect to Redis?

4. till

I do not think that there is a specific way besides checking the rspamd logs. You might also be able to test it using rspamd stat command:

Code:
    rspamc stat

5. till